Nowadays, all bookmakers are offering free bet offers for new customers and existing customers to take advantage of. From leading bookies, like William Hill, to the lesser-known ones, such as Genting Bet, they are all doing everything in their power to make sure you choose their service over other bookmakers.
However, if you have never taken advantage of free bets UK before, you may be a bit confused about certain aspects. In this post, we provide you with some important pointers in answer to the most commonly asked questions we receive.
- Can I withdraw my free bet? Unfortunately, this is not possible under any betting promotion. If you were able to do this, the bookmaker would simply be giving you free money, and, even though there are some incredible free bets, this is a bit too good to be true.
- Do I get the stake back with my winnings? No, this is the key difference between free bets and bets you put on with your own cash. Say you have a free bet worth £5. When you place this offer, you will get your winnings, but you won’t get the £5 stake back as well. If the £5 was your own cash, you would get it back.
- Can I use my free bet on accumulators? All betting promotions are different, and thus you are advised to read the terms and conditions, as there are likely to be some exclusions. In-play betting can often be excluded from free bet offers, but accumulators are widely accepted.
- Can I use my bet whenever I want? Again, this is something you will have to check, as all bookmakers have different policies in place. Nevertheless, there is likely to be an expiry date on your free bet offer.
- Can I withdraw my winning straight away? In most cases, you will be able to draw out your winnings on any free bet offers. However, some companies do require you to bet with your winnings once more before you can make a cash withdrawal.